分享

PS4’s ‘Ghost Of Tsushima’ Reviews Are Here, And They Are Good

PS4’s ‘Ghost Of Tsushima’ Reviews Are Here, And They Are Good 960x0.jpg

Ghost of Tsushima
SONY
Another month, another big release for Sony. While Ghost of Tsushima may not have the ultra-hype or controversy that surrounded The Last of Us Part 2, Sucker Punch does seem to have landed a hit here, judging by early reviews of their evolution past the Infamous series into wildly new territory.
The samurai game is racking up solid scores across the board from major game sites and major YouTubers alike. The Metacritic/Open Critic score seems like it’s going to settle in the mid 80s, a fine showing, though it’s still changing with new reviews coming in. A few outlets are pushing back that while it’s beautiful, is a bit of a plain open world adventure when you really get down to it. Here’s Polygon, on that idea, in their unscored review:
“Ghost of Tsushima has a distinctive aesthetic, after all, but it’s only skin-deep. The core game underneath that alluring exterior is a pastiche of open-world game design standards from five years ago; it lacks a real personality of its own. Ghost of Tsushima offers a lovely world to explore, and there’s value in that, but it should have been so much more than a checklist of activities to accomplish.”
For another legacy outlet with a bit more praise to give, here’s Game Informer with its 9.5/10 review:
“Ghost of Tsushima captures the mystique, fierce violence, and barely contained emotional angst of the great samurai films….this is a game that nails the aesthetic it’s shooting for, firmly establishing itself as the medium’s defining samurai saga.”

If you trust YouTubers more than print media these days instead, Arekkz says the following, ahead of his video review:
“So yeah...Ghost of Tsushima isn't just a good game, it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's now got a place in my 'Top 10 Games' list - It's THAT good.”

And SkillUp, who had notoriously one of the most negative reviews of The Last of Us Part 2, also loves Ghost of Tsushima, calling it “astonishingly good.”

All in all, what I’m hearing is that at worst, it’s a little too similar to open world games we’ve been playing the past generation. But at best, it could be considered a Game of the Year contender, and yet another feather in Sony’s “exclusive must-haves” cap, which may turn this into a franchise with Ghost 2 being an anticipated PS5 title a few years from now.
Like The Last of Us Part 2, we did not get a review copy of Ghost of Tsushima for reasons that remain unclear to us. I’m planning on buying and playing the game this weekend, and you’ll hear my thoughts about it some time after that. For now, get suitably excited, base on how these early reviews strike you, I guess.
Follow me on Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Pick up my sci-fi novels Herokiller and Herokiller 2, and read my first series, The Earthborn Trilogy, which is also on audiobook.

回复

使用道具 举报

已有(1)人评论

跳转到指定楼层
呆檬 发表于 2022-1-3 06:52:38
<script type="text/javascript">var jd_union_pid="608851640355040531";var jd_union_euid="";</script><script type="text/javascript" src="//ads-union.jd.com/static/js/union.js"></script>
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则